Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holidays!

 During the first weekend of the winter break I had to work. On Christmas eve I went over to my aunts house and hung out with the family. Me and one of my male cousins shared stories about what we planed to do different for the next year and watched football. My aunt taught me how to make gumbo and she made me clean the crab and chicken that was being used for the gumbo. It maybe my uncles last Christmas, due to lung cancer so i'm making sure I spend as much time with him as possible. You never know what the new year is going to bring, just to be sure i'm making an effort to just be present for him. On Christmas day, even though I didn't go to my parents house, they passed by my aunts house as well as my other aunts and cousins. That saved me a trip from going around the bay area to see them and give them their presents. I was happy when they came over, I received a life lecture from my aunt Wanda while she was intoxicated and had a chance to be filled in on her life history. My favorite present was receiving gift cards, can't ask for anything better. I also had the time this year to visit my old foster mom, who was ecstatic to see me as well as her family, whom I haven't seen in years. I'm understanding the goodness in myself and how I effect others in a positive way, even with out having to be in a position to give material things that bring happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment