Monday, December 5, 2011

Best and the worst job


  • My best job was working at villa Marin. My primary responsibility was to coordinate the dinning room and serve food. I would come in get my time card and clock in. Then I would go look on our daily to do list and see what tasks needed to be done for that day. I would have to remember what appropriate side needed to be served and the side that needs to be busted. Also I learned the formal way of placing the different types of spoons, forks and knifes following glasses on the table. I loved working with all my staff members and my managers. We all had a connection, ended up that the mainstream of people that work there went to my high school.The way my manager manages the kitchen and dinning room section gave me a chance to grow and the time to reciprocate what I had learned. For internship this taught me time management, patience, respect for different social culture,  and lastly how to work a part of a team. This also was my worst job because I was always late, talked with the residence and staff more than I served. For the residents that gave me a hard time I would mess up their orders on purpose. It was a constant mess, and food stayed staining my clothes. The lessons I learned was how dependent my job was on me during my shift. Also that my time management needed to be evaluated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment