Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Internship showcasing



The skills that I have gained at Year Up are being persistent, time management, networking, troubleshooting, writing comprehension, efficiency in software and presentation skills. The main skill I anticipate on displaying when I first go to my internship at Salesforce.com is my ability to manage time. What I mean by that is I will always present to my manager my ability to be on time, and reliable. I want my manager to have no doubt in my work capabilities, I want to be that person who is always called upon even late night emergency calls. The only question I have for Salesforce.com is how can I assure my position as an intern to be permanent? I know my work environment is going to be hectic, I see myself running around from different floor levels networking to complete my tasks given to me. I vision myself in constant communication with VP's and CEO's, i'm hoping I do not fail and can complete every task efficiently. I am going to be working under Ebony the vice president of Salesforce.com, so I know i'm going to need to be on my toes 24/7. I've been told she has no patience for people who lack motivation and initiative. I met her during the time she came and presented as one of our guest speakers, and since then I knew she was the manager I wanted to work under, she influenced me. I hope when I am at my internship my presentation and communication skills go from being experienced to proficient.  I want by the time i'm done with my internship to be comfortable with being at one peace with my professional side. I plan to be the assistant of Ebony at Salesforce.com, what ever she needs done I will be the one to do it. I plan to network and produce quality work as my way of standing out in the work place. If  all goes well I will have a job by the end of internship, if not then I plan on going back to school to finish my associates degree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment