Thursday, September 15, 2011

Speech influence

My speech was influenced by my location growing up. The statement was that psychologist and other people believed the strongest influence on a young persons use of language is their peers. I think its from who they are surrounded by most of the day if or they are trying to impress. Me personally i speak what i am comfterable saying verbally. When i present a statement and i am not sure of a word that makes since in the sentence, i replace the word i did not know with a conjunction synonym. A words that sounds the same but doesnt neccessaraly mean the same thing but sounds right. Depending on my surroundings i can go from talking proper and saying 'How are you today, with out further notification i will resume to the topic" or the conversation can be improper like ' whats up, peace out". My friends have no influence on the way i talk because they ask me to change it all the time because it does not fit there way of conversation.I talk the way i know for a fact i wont be misunderstood and wont change it because others dont like it.I denpend on my speech to influence not the other way around

1 comment:

  1. Time to reach out to Section A! Hello Section A!

    I really like your post, but I've got to be honest; I had to copy and paste it somewhere else to be able to read it without getting a headache.

    I like with what you said, "I depend on my speech to influence, not the other way around."

    I like to think that about myself, too.

    ReplyDelete